You will be responsible for assisting in the technical support of GB Labs clients. The majority of this will be remote support but with occasional on site support as required.
Skills and Requirementes
- Installing and configuring hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Talking/training staff and/or clients through a series of actions, either face to face/over the telephone/email to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Responding within agreed time limits to support tickets
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Replacing parts as required
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time
- Establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- Testing and evaluating new technology/releases; conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts
- Ensuring you are up to date with new and existing technology for our industry
Out of office hours may be required occasionally.
Experience of using operating systems Windows and Linux is essential.
Experience of programming languages is advantageous including C, C++, Objective-C, Python, Shell and JAVA.